The Institutional Jester

Monday, September 24, 2007

My boy's Biggest Point Score

In relation to the Points discussed below: My son's biggest score for a single event occurred when he was in 5th grade (he was a bit small for his age, so he looked even younger). I was at a very busy drug store, getting a prescription filled when he wandered away for awhile as kids will do. He came back as I was filling out the check and mumbled something to me and I said 'What?'

So he spoke up so everyone could hear:

"I now know what Trojans are for!"

The pharmacist tech about fell over, he was laughing so hard. For the next 3 years, evey time that guy saw me, he'd start laughing and ask if I brought my son in for more education. I can imagine what the little old ladies standing around were thinking.

I can just imagine people walking by as this small boy stood there reading the back of the box in the condom aisle. "Starting a bit young, aren't we?"

200 points in one shot; not bad, kid.


The funny followup to this was the very next day, he told me that it was the birthday of a little girl in his class that I knew he kind of liked.

"Well, wish her a Happy birthday." I told him.

"I can't do that!" he said, scandalized. "People will think I like her!"

Difference between reading about it and thinking about experiencing it was thankfully still far apart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home